Welcome to Episode 015: Mental Training For Basketball w/ Brian Cain. If you want to listen to the greatest minds in basketball talk about sports nutrition, strength & conditioning and leadership, you’ve come to the right place!
Brian Cain, MPM is the creator of The Mental Performance Mastery (MPM) Coaching Certification Course, a #1 International Best-Selling Author, Speaker, Coach and Consultant.
Brian is widely regarded as the foremost authority on Mental Performance Mastery. He has worked with Fortune 500 companies, executives and organizations as well as coaches, athletes, and teams at the Olympic level, in the National Football League (NFL), National Hockey League (NHL), Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC), in the Professional Golf Association (PGA) and in Major League Baseball (MLB).
Brian has taught his 10 Pillars of Mental Performance Mastery System on stages all over the world to audiences such as John Paul Mitchell Systems, Whirlpool, Fuddruckers and Burton Snowboards.
His client list includes 2 Major League Baseball Cy-Young Award winners, a Heisman Trophy Winner, 5 UFC World Champion Mixed Martial Artists, World Series and Super Bowl Champions, Olympic Medalists, Team USA Baseball, Team USA Bowling and multiple NCAA National Players of The Year, NCAA National Champions and over 900 professional sports draft selections.
As a former adjunct university professor and high school athletic director, he was the youngest ever to receive the prestigious Certified Master Athletic Administration “CMAA” Certification from the National Interscholastic Athletic Administrators Association.
Highly sought after for his energetic, empowering and engaging educational training sessions, Brian separates himself from the competition by providing a system and not a speech.
An avid Ironman Triathlete and 100 Mile Ultra Marathoner, Brian practices what he teaches and is a living example of the power of The 10 Pillars of Mental Performance Mastery and what an Elite Mindset (Pillar#1) can do for you.
Brian and I discussed the mental training for basketball and how thoughts impact player’s performance. Check out this week’s podcast and learn…
- How to grow and train an elite mindset
- What to do when you’re in a shooting slump
- The process to become more aggressive on offense.
- How to refocus when facing unavoidable obstacles.
- Why winning isn’t as important as the process
- When to use mediation and imagery.
Here’s the link to Lebron James’ game day rountine: NY Times on Lebron James Game Day Ritual
You can also learn more about Brian and his work in the field of mental performance mastery in the following pieces of produced media.
- TCU Credits Mental Performance Coach Cain For Finding Winning Routine
- The Brian Cain Effect: Performance Consultant Helps TCU Baseball Embrace Expectations
- Strong Body and Mind Fuels Cubs’ Arrieta
- Texas Rangers’ Andrew Cashner Bet On Himself This Off-Season
- USA Today – Recruiting Takes Mental Twist With Brian Cain
- The New Wave in MMA is Mental Performance Training
- How to Build Extreme Mental Toughness
- In Sport Psychology Yale Uses Unconventional Techniques
If you want to learn about setting basketball-specific goals, read The Magic Of A Goal Map and download your FREE Goal Map.