Do you want to know how to improve HRV for hoops? Heart Rate Variability is the measure of variation between heart beats and is a great marker for recovery.
Understanding recovery is crucial to maximizing performance because you don’t get stronger in the weight room… you actually get weaker. If you can do 20 pull ups at the start of a workout, you might only be able to do 5 or 10 by the end. It’s when you go home to eat, sleep and recover that you actually get stronger.
Mike Lombardi from WHOOP comes on the show to talk about the importance of measuring recovery and improving HRV so you can get the most out of your training sessions. He explains heart rate variability, sleep cycles, and gives simple ways to optimize performance.
Listen to this week’s show to learn the answer these questions:
- Why should basketball players understand their HRV score?
- How does sleep and hydration impact HRV?
- What are key factors in determining how ready your body is to compete?
- What are the different sleep stages and what occurs during each stage?
- What research has been done in the NBA with recovery?
If you want to learn more about how to improve HRV and measure recovery, check out:
If you want to learn new ways to train your core, click here to learn about my FREE Basketball Core Program.