Today’s podcast is about Basketball Specific Training with Charles Stephenson. He brings nearly 25 years of experience as a strength coach at the collegiate level. He joined the Utah men’s basketball staff as the first basketball-specific strength coach in the program’s history and is entering his 6th season with program.
In addition to coaching at Utah, Charles was also the strength coach for men’s basketball at North Carolina State from 1996-2011 and previously held the same position at Auburn from 1994-96. Prior to Auburn, he was an assistant strength and conditioning coach at the University of Virginia from 1987-94.
I met Charles through his High Performance Basketball Symposium that he holds in Las Vegas every year. The conference is must-attend for anyone that wants to learn and share with other basketball-specific strength coaches.
We connected this week to discuss:
- How to test basketball player’s conditioning
- What makes a training program basketball-specific?
- Why nutrition is so important for health & performance
- How to apply NBA combine data to your team
- What high school players should focus on in the weight room
Here’s where you can find more out about Charles Stephenson
High Performance Basketball Symposium
University Of Utah Men’s Basketball