Welcome to Episode 029: Mental Health For Basketball with Ashlee Bradshaw. If you want to listen to the greatest minds in basketball talk about sports nutrition, strength & conditioning and leadership, you’ve come to the right place!
Today’s podcast is an interview with Ashlee Bradshaw. She’s is a Licensed Mental Health Counselor, Nationally Certified Counselor, Certified Sports Psychology Coach, and is also certified in Mindfulness Based Therapies. Ashlee specializes in counseling for athletes who may be experiencing barriers to success on and off the playing field.
With the NCAA shutting down March Madness, the NBA suspending their season, and youth leagues and tournaments all over the world being cancelled, there are a lot of basketball players who are hurting. I turned to Ashlee to find out the answers to these questions:
- Why is there an increase in mental health issues in basketball players?
- What should we say to players who’ve had their season cancelled?
- How can mindfulness improve performance
- Is cancelling a season the same as a career ending injury?
- What lessons can we learn from tragedy?
Here’s where you can find more out about Ashlee Bradshaw:
U-District PT in Spokane, WA