Welcome to Episode 023: Avoiding Chronic Basketball Injury with Dustan Lang. If you want to listen to the greatest minds in basketball talk about sports nutrition, strength & conditioning and leadership, you’ve come to the right place!
Today’s podcast is an interview with Dustan Lang, BScPT, GCOMT, Cert Sport Physiotherapy, FAFS, Physiotherapist. Dustan has twenty plus years of experience working with athletes from all levels (local, national, international, professional) in various sports. More and more, Dustan is treating young adolescent athletes with chronic sport injuries. These injuries can lead to mental health struggles, self destructive behaviors, and an unhealthy perception of exercise. Sadly, these type of injuries could be avoided.
Dustan has a vision that the Champion’s Triangle will foster an empowering relationship between the athlete and sport that lasts a lifetime through remodeling the philosophy of practice.
We sat down and discussed what players and coaches can do to avoid chronic injuries. Check out this week’s podcast and learn the answers to these questions…
- Why do athletes and coaches spend so much time focusing on scoring skills?
- What are the transitional skills that allow athletes to score?
- Which hidden habits could be contributing to chronic basketball injury?
- How does training in 3 planes of motion help make athletes more injury resistant?
- Why do you need to include reaction training in your program design?
Here’s where you can find more out about Dustan Lang:
Want more ideas of how to keep your players healthy? Check out this article and podcast on Building Healthy Basketball Players with Logan Schwartz.