Welcome to Episode 004: 3 Levels of Basketball Training. If you want to listen to the greatest minds in basketball talk about sports nutrition, strength & conditioning and leadership, you’ve come to the right place!
There are so many great basketball training resources on the internet and and endless exercises on social media, that it’s easy to become overwhelmed with how to create basketball workouts. I created the 3 Levels of Basketball Training to be a road map for coaches to take their players from where they are, to where they want to be.
By using the Drive, Defend, Dominate model, you’ll learn the importance of creating mobility in basketball transformational zones, why you need dynamic strength in those movements, and when the right time to add plyometrics and power exercises.
Check out this week’s episode and learn…
- Why Drive is the foundation of all strength training programs.
- How Transformational Zones are the key to creating the right amount of mobility.
- Basketball specific strength shouldn’t be in stillness.
- The right time to add power exercises to your program.
- Why there is not a perfect exercise or a magic tool when training.
Do you want to see how I assess player’s mobility and stability before we start our basketball training program? Check out the Gray Institute’s 3DMAPS certification.